HELLO (20)19% OFF
Our Tara Provance Valance touts a trend-setting medallion complemented by ruffled trim. The colors Blue, Raven, Slate, or Terracotta are meant to infuse your home with style and sophistication!
Visit the Related Products tab to view the complete Tara Collection, and to request fabric swatches. For tips on how to measure your windows, check out the Diagrams tab. See the Descriptions tab for more product information.
Check out our Design-on-a-Photo service to see how this gorgeous Provance Valance will look on your window before you buy!
Featuring: This lined 50" wide Provance Valance is displayed on a continental rod, and mounted on a 40" wide window.
This style is an RLF Home original design.
- Related Products
Tara Provance Valance
Tara Provance Valance
- The Provance Valance is styled with a shaped bottom edge, a wide rod-pocket, and no header. To create the look, simply hang flat on the rod for a tailored effect, or gather on the rod to create fullness.
- Size Calculations: (Refer to the Diagrams tab for complete instructions on How to Measure a Window.)
- Tailored (valance hangs flat across the window): For continental or lockseam rods, add a total of 7” to the width of the window to allow for the sides of the curtain rod (3-1/2” each side). Example: 40” wide (window) + 7” (sides of the rod) = 47”. A 50” wide valance is the perfect choice. For a decorative pole with finials, measure the width of the rod between the brackets, and do not include 7” for the sides.
- Gathered (valance is gathered on the rod to create fullness): For continental or lockseam rods, an easy rule-of-thumb for calculating the size of the valance needed is to use 1.5X to 2X fullness. Example: 40” wide (window) x 1.5 (fullness) = 60” + 7” (sides of the rod) = 67”. A 75” wide valance is the perfect choice. If using a decorative pole with finials, measure the width of the rod between the brackets, and multiply by 1.5X to 2X fullness, and do not include 7” for the sides.
- Length: 16”
- Widths: 50” | 75” | 100”
- Rod Pocket: 3”
- Trim Style: Ruffled
- Lined (lining is cream)
- Fabric Content: 100% Cotton
- Curtain Rod Options: Decorative pole with finials | Continental rod | Lock Seam rod
How to Measure a Window
Measure windows with a steel measuring tape. Measure all windows in the room, even if they appear to be the same size.
Determine rod placement (options):
- Distance out past window -- 4” each side is a good rule of thumb
- Distance out past window -- abut against outside edges of window frame
- Top of window frame -- corner to corner
- Wall to wall
Determine drapery hardware to be used:
- Determine how far above window to place hardware -- 4” above frame is a good rule of thumb
- Determine return size needed (the distance that the rod projects from the wall/window frame
Measure for drapery length:
- Apron length
- Floor length
- Ceiling to floor
- Allow for floor clearance -- floor length draperies should end 1/2” above floor or just short of the carpet
- Hint: Place a thin piece of cardboard on top of the carpet to help measure evenly.