HAPPY SPRING 2019
Our Tara Arch Valance touts a color palette of diffused tones emphasizing a lovely medallion motif and lavish decorative trim. This valance is meant to hang flat on the rod, accentuating its arch-shaped styling. Choose for colors Blue, Raven, Slate, or Terracotta.
Visit the Related Products tab to view the complete Tara Collection, and to request fabric swatches. For tips on how to measure your windows, check out the Diagrams tab.
Featuring: This lined 50" wide Arch Valance is mounted on a continental rod, and displayed on a 40" wide window.
This style is an RLF Home original design.
- Related Products
Tara Arch Valance
Tara Arch Valance
- The Arch Valance is styled with a wide rod-pocket. To achieve the look simply hang flat across the rod.
- Length: 12” center | 17” sides
- Widths: 50”
- Rod Pocket: 3”
- Trim Style: Cord
- Lined (lining is cream)
- Fabric Content: 100% Cotton
- Curtain Rod Options: Decorative pole | Continental rod | Lock seam rod
How to Measure a Window
Measure windows with a steel measuring tape. Measure all windows in the room, even if they appear to be the same size.
Determine rod placement (options):
- Distance out past window -- 4” each side is a good rule of thumb
- Distance out past window -- abut against outside edges of window frame
- Top of window frame -- corner to corner
- Wall to wall
Determine drapery hardware to be used:
- Determine how far above window to place hardware -- 4” above frame is a good rule of thumb
- Determine return size needed (the distance that the rod projects from the wall/window frame
Measure for drapery length:
- Apron length
- Floor length
- Ceiling to floor
- Allow for floor clearance -- floor length draperies should end 1/2” above floor or just short of the carpet
- Hint: Place a thin piece of cardboard on top of the carpet to help measure evenly.