Our Royal Batik Regal Valance showcases this Indonesian-inspired pattern with unique styling, available in a rich and bold Navy Blue. Take your windows to the next level with a matching pair of Royal Batik banded rod pocket panels beneath. Your decor will never be the same!
Visit the Related Products tab to view the complete Royal Batik Collection, and to request fabric swatches. For tips on how to measure your windows, check out the Diagrams tab. See the Description tab for more product information.
Try out our Design-on-a-Photo service to see how this gorgeous sidekick valance will look on your windows before you buy!
Featuring: This 50” wide lined Regal Valance is mounted on a continental rod and displayed on a 40” wide window. This style is an RLF Home original design.
- Related Products
Royal Batik Regal Valance
Royal Batik Regal Valance
- The Regal Valance is styled with a shaped bottom edge that mimics a curly bracket similar to that used in mathematical expression. The center of the bracket design converges to a point from which a decorative tassel hangs. This valance has a wide rod-pocket, and no header. To achieve the look simply hang flat on the rod.
- Size Calculations: (Refer to the Diagrams tab for complete instructions on How to Measure a Window.)
- Tailored (valance hangs flat across the window): For continental or lock seam curtain rods, add a total of 7” to the width of the window to allow for the sides of the curtain rod (3-1/2” each side). Example: 40” wide (window) + 7” (sides of the rod) = 47”. A 50” wide valance is a perfect choice. For a decorative pole with finials, measure the width of the rod between the brackets, and do not include 7” for the sides.
- Gathered (valance is gathered on the curtain rod to create fullness): For continental or lock seam rods, an easy rule-of-thumb for calculating the size of the valance needed is to use 1.5X to 2X fullness. Example: 40” wide (window) x 1.5 (fullness) = 60” + 7” (sides of the rod) = 67”. A 75” wide valance is a perfect choice. If using a decorative pole with finials, measure the width of the rod between the brackets, and multiply by 1.5X to 2X fullness, and do not include 7” for the sides.
- Length: 17”
- Widths: 50” | 75” | 100”
- Rod Pocket: 3”
- Trim Style: No trim
- Lined (lining is cream)
- Fabric Content: 100% Cotton
- Curtain Rod Options: Decorative pole with finials | Continental rod
How to Measure a Window
Measure windows with a steel measuring tape. Measure all windows in the room, even if they appear to be the same size.
Determine rod placement (options):
- Distance out past window -- 4” each side is a good rule of thumb
- Distance out past window -- abut against outside edges of window frame
- Top of window frame -- corner to corner
- Wall to wall
Determine drapery hardware to be used:
- Determine how far above window to place hardware -- 4” above frame is a good rule of thumb
- Determine return size needed (the distance that the rod projects from the wall/window frame
Measure for drapery length:
- Apron length
- Floor length
- Ceiling to floor
- Allow for floor clearance -- floor length draperies should end 1/2” above floor or just short of the carpet
- Hint: Place a thin piece of cardboard on top of the carpet to help measure evenly.