Elevate your modern décor with our Ogee Straight Valance. This stylish two-tone quatrefoil design in gray or taupe is printed on milky white cotton. Make a statement by layering a pair of matching rod pocket panels beneath this tailored valance style.
Try out our Design-on-a-Photo service to see how this gorgeous straight valance will look on your windows before you buy!
Visit the Related Products tab to view the complete Ogee Collection, and to request fabric swatches. For tips on how to measure your windows, check out the Diagrams tab. See the Description tab for more product information.
Featuring: This 50” wide lined Straight Valance is mounted on a decorative rod and displayed on a 40” wide window. This style is an RLF Home original design.
- Related Products
Ogee Straight Valance
Ogee Straight Valance
- The Straight Valance is styled with a straight bottom edge, a wide rod pocket, and no header. To create the look, simply hang flat on the rod for a tailored effect, or gather on the curtain rod to create fullness.
- Size Calculations: (Refer to the Diagrams tab for complete instructions on How to Measure a Window.)
- Tailored (valance hangs flat across the window): For continental or lock seam rods, add a total of 7” to the width of the window to allow for the sides of the curtain rod (3-1/2” each side). Example: 40” wide (window) + 7” (sides of the rod) = 47”. A 50” wide valance is a perfect choice. For a decorative pole with finials, measure the width of the rod between the brackets, and do not include 7” for the sides.
- Gathered (valance is gathered on the curtain rod to create fullness): For continental or lock seam rods, an easy rule-of-thumb for calculating the size of the valance needed is to use 1.5X to 2X fullness. Example: 40” wide (window) x 1.5 (fullness) = 60” + 7” (sides of the rod) = 67”. A 75” wide valance is a perfect choice. If using a decorative pole with finials, measure the width of the rod between the brackets, and multiply by 1.5X to 2X fullness, and do not include 7” for the sides.
- Length: 16”
- Widths: 50” | 75” | 100”
- Rod Pocket: 3”
- Trim: No Trim
- Lined (lining is cream)
- Fabric Content: 100% Cotton
- Fabric Repeat: 6.25” vertical, 6.75” horizontal
- Curtain Rod Options: Decorative pole with finials | Continental rod | Lock Seam rod
How to Measure a Window
Measure windows with a steel measuring tape. Measure all windows in the room, even if they appear to be the same size.
Determine rod placement (options):
- Distance out past window -- 4” each side is a good rule of thumb
- Distance out past window -- abut against outside edges of window frame
- Top of window frame -- corner to corner
- Wall to wall
Determine drapery hardware to be used:
- Determine how far above window to place hardware -- 4” above frame is a good rule of thumb
- Determine return size needed (the distance that the rod projects from the wall/window frame
Measure for drapery length:
- Apron length
- Floor length
- Ceiling to floor
- Allow for floor clearance -- floor length draperies should end 1/2” above floor or just short of the carpet
- Hint: Place a thin piece of cardboard on top of the carpet to help measure evenly.