Our Lockseam Rods are just right for window treatment with rod pockets up to 3”. Choices abound with adjustable widths allowing for a perfect fit on your windows.
For tips on how to measure your windows, check out the Diagrams tab.
- Related Products
- Non-adjustable side returns project 2” from the wall to the front of the rod.
- Mounting brackets and instructions are included. 28”-48” rods have end brackets | 48”-86” rods have end brackets, 1 support bracket | 66”-120” have end brackets, 2 support brackets
- Strong, sturdy, and made with baked enamel finish preventing scratching and rusting.
- Color: White
How to Measure a Window
Measure windows with a steel measuring tape. Measure all windows in the room, even if they appear to be the same size.
Determine rod placement (options):
- Distance out past window -- 4” each side is a good rule of thumb
- Distance out past window -- abut against outside edges of window frame
- Top of window frame -- corner to corner
- Wall to wall
Determine drapery hardware to be used:
- Determine how far above window to place hardware -- 4” above frame is a good rule of thumb
- Determine return size needed (the distance that the rod projects from the wall/window frame
Measure for drapery length:
- Apron length
- Floor length
- Ceiling to floor
- Allow for floor clearance -- floor length draperies should end 1/2” above floor or just short of the carpet
- Hint: Place a thin piece of cardboard on top of the carpet to help measure evenly.