HAPPY SPRING 2019
Our Design-on-a-Photo service will allow you to visualize any of our valance styles directly on photos of your windows, enabling you to purchase the correct size valance for your application in the style and color you love.
Here’s how it works:
- Select your favorite valance style from our website.
- Purchase a Design-on-a-Photo service; one valance style per photo. If there is more than one window in the photo your valance selection will be digitally inserted on each window.
- Email a jpeg photo of your window to email@example.com with the valance style name and color of your choice.
- In your email, please include your window measurements; the width is most important. This will allow us to provide you with the correct size valance for your window. Visit the Diagrams tab for tips on how to measure your windows.
- Before taking the photo, remove any existing window treatment from your windows, if possible. Blinds, plantation shutters, and shades mounted inside the window frame can remain in place.
- Within 3 to 5 business days, we will email you a digitally enhanced photo showing your valance style displayed on your windows!
- Related Products
How to Measure a Window
Measure windows with a steel measuring tape. Measure all windows in the room, even if they appear to be the same size.
Determine rod placement (options):
- Distance out past window -- 4” each side is a good rule of thumb
- Distance out past window -- abut against outside edges of window frame
- Top of window frame -- corner to corner
- Wall to wall
Determine drapery hardware to be used:
- Determine how far above window to place hardware -- 4” above frame is a good rule of thumb
- Determine return size needed (the distance that the rod projects from the wall/window frame
Measure for drapery length:
- Apron length
- Floor length
- Ceiling to floor
- Allow for floor clearance -- floor length draperies should end 1/2” above floor or just short of the carpet
- Hint: Place a thin piece of cardboard on top of the carpet to help measure evenly.