Our Continental Rods are just right for window treatment with a 3” rod pocket. Choices abound with adjustable widths and side returns allowing for a perfect fit on your windows. See the Descriptions tab for more information.
For tips on how to measure your windows, check out the Diagrams tab.
- Related Products
- Adjustable side returns: 3-1/2” to 5”, the distance the rods project from the wall to the front of the rod.
- Adjustable rod widths : 28”-48” | 48”-86” | 66”-120” | 86”-150”
- Mounting hardware and instructions are included. 28”-48” rods have end brackets | 48”-86”rods have end brackets, 1 support bracket | 66”-120” rods have end brackets, 2 support brackets | 86”-150” rods have end brackets, 3 support brackets
- Strong, sturdy, and made with baked enamel finish preventing scratching and rusting.
- Color: White
How to Measure a Window
Measure windows with a steel measuring tape. Measure all windows in the room, even if they appear to be the same size.
Determine rod placement (options):
- Distance out past window -- 4” each side is a good rule of thumb
- Distance out past window -- abut against outside edges of window frame
- Top of window frame -- corner to corner
- Wall to wall
Determine drapery hardware to be used:
- Determine how far above window to place hardware -- 4” above frame is a good rule of thumb
- Determine return size needed (the distance that the rod projects from the wall/window frame
Measure for drapery length:
- Apron length
- Floor length
- Ceiling to floor
- Allow for floor clearance -- floor length draperies should end 1/2” above floor or just short of the carpet
- Hint: Place a thin piece of cardboard on top of the carpet to help measure evenly.