Our classic and beautiful Bumble Bee Glory Valance embraces gold chenille bees over a buttery faux-silk underskirt. Lavish trim adds the perfect finishing touch. Layer your look with our Bumble Bee Rod Pocket Panels beneath. Color: Wine.
Visit the Related Products tab to view the complete Bumble Bee Collection, and to request fabric swatches. See the Description tab for more product information. For tips on how to measure your windows, check out the Diagrams tab.
Featuring: This 50” wide lined Glory Valance is mounted on a Continental Rod, and displayed on a 40” wide window.
This style is an RLF Home original design.
- Related Products
Bumble Bee Glory Valance
Bumble Bee Glory Valance
- The Glory Valance is styled with a scalloped shape emphasizing a double-layer of fabrics. The top layer is embellished with trim, while the bottom layer reveals a contrasting fabric underskirt. To achieve the look simply hang flat on the rod for a tailored effect, or gather on the rod to create fullness.
- Size Calculations: (Refer to the Diagrams tab for complete instructions on How to Measure a Window.)
- Tailored (valance hangs flat across the window): For continental or lock seam rods, add a total of 7” to the width of the window to allow for the sides of the curtain rod (3-1/2” each side). Example: 40” wide (window) + 7” (sides of the rod) = 47”. A 50” wide valance is the perfect choice. For a decorative pole with finials, measure the width of the rod between the brackets, and do not include 7” for the sides.
- Gathered (valance is gathered on the rod to create fullness): For continental or lockseam rods, an easy rule-of-thumb for calculating the size of the valance needed is to use 1.5X to 2X fullness. Example: 40” wide (window) x 1.5 (fullness) = 60” + 7” (sides of the rod) = 67”. A 75” wide valance is the perfect choice. If using a decorative pole with finials, measure the width of the rod between the brackets, and multiply by 1.5X to 2X fullness, and do not include 7” for the sides.
- Length: 16” bottom layer | 14” top layer
- Widths: 50” | 75” | 100”
- Rod Pocket: 3”
- Trim Style: Ball Tassel
- Lined (lining is cream)
- Fabric Content: 100% Polyester
- Curtain Rod Options: Decorative pole | Continental rod | Lock seam rod
How to Measure a Window
Measure windows with a steel measuring tape. Measure all windows in the room, even if they appear to be the same size.
Determine rod placement (options):
- Distance out past window -- 4” each side is a good rule of thumb
- Distance out past window -- abut against outside edges of window frame
- Top of window frame -- corner to corner
- Wall to wall
Determine drapery hardware to be used:
- Determine how far above window to place hardware -- 4” above frame is a good rule of thumb
- Determine return size needed (the distance that the rod projects from the wall/window frame
Measure for drapery length:
- Apron length
- Floor length
- Ceiling to floor
- Allow for floor clearance -- floor length draperies should end 1/2” above floor or just short of the carpet
- Hint: Place a thin piece of cardboard on top of the carpet to help measure evenly.